My favorite part of working with a client is sitting down for our initial brand strategy workshop. We call it “Understanding Your Brand” because it’s a time for us to do just that. Our team gets to know what drives and motivates you as a business – and more importantly for the client, who inevitably has struggled to keep up momentum and motivation through the pace of the day-to-day, it’s a time to reflect and refocus vision and goals.
The time we spend together over 1-2 days is intense, but in a way that leaves us all refreshed and with a clearer vision on how to connect purpose and passion with profit and support. While we talk about everything from your website’s sitemap to your brand declaration, we lead our conversation with one simple question:
“Why do you do what you do?”
This is something we’ve asked of ourselves quite a bit lately. As we geared up for the launch of our new website, in studying other companies and their commitment to culture, and as we’ve grown our own team over the years, we’ve stopped to reflect on and refresh our own core values.
Not the kind of core values you get in an orientation packet and throw away after your first day on the job. Or the one’s you see hanging in an 80’s-style conference room.
Core values, defined not by me, but by the team, that truly drive us in our day to day. Core values that we proudly display here for everyone to see before they make a decision to hire us. What are they? I’m glad you asked.
Focus on People
- We work with awesome people. Every project we take on is useful and makes the world a better place.
Keep it Simple
- Simple is beautiful. Simple is clear. Simple is effective. We cut through the clutter and get to the point.
Go All In
- We believe in every project we take on. We dwell in possibility. Your success is our mission.
- We love what we do. This shines through in every conversation, every line of code, and every brand we build.
Be Better Than Yesterday
- We’re in the business of getting better. Hungry for knowledge, we’ll know more than we did yesterday and less than we will tomorrow.
Always Be Honest
- We give it to you straight – and expect no less from you. Being direct and honest gets us to the best possible outcome efficiently and with confidence.
Our core values unite purpose with profit. If my goal is to make $1,000,000 in revenue, I know that it all starts with a culture committed to embodying these six values every single day. It’s our greatest form of business development and without a doubt the best way to enhance client experience.
Our “why” – your “why” – is what defines your “what” and “how”. As Simon Sinek is so often quoted with saying,
“People don’t buy what you sell, but why you sell it.”
Why do you sell what you sell? Why do you do what you do? What are your core values?
How does your brand live and breathe your core values every day?